Mother’s Day is this Sunday, May 12th, and while all bouquets and plants make superb presents, there are some flowers that hold particularly special meanings. If you are having trouble picking out the perfect gift or you simply can’t remember a favorite flower, consider these sentimental choices.
Special Mother’s Day Flowers
1. Gerbera Daisy. Gerbera daisies symbolize beauty, innocence and cheerfulness. They come in a number of vibrant colors and are sure to brighten any mom’s day.
Top Pick: Sunshine
2. Tulip. Perfect for Mother’s Day, tulips represent perfect love. They came in a variety of colors — each of which carries even more symbolism. Include purple roses in your bouquet, representing royalty, to show Mom she’s your queen.
Top Pick: Spring Tulips
3. Lily. Bursting with symbolism, lilies represent motherhood (femininity), devotion and humility. While they are a classic anniversary flower, their special symbolism undoubtedly makes them a top Mother’s Day pick, as well.
Top Pick: Beauty & Fragrance
4. Rose. Amongst many other meanings, roses represent love and beauty. Roses are a classic pick for any special occasion.
Top Pick: Mother’s Day Lux
5. Orchid. Orchids represent love, beauty and strength. The popular and exotic blooms make a particularly meaningful Mother’s Day gift.
Top Pick: Waterfall Orchid
For even more options, visit Boesen.com and shop our Mother’s Day selection.